Monday, July 13, 2009

Weddings and Celebrations, NYTimes Style

I really hate to admit this, but I read the wedding announcements in the Sunday New York Times religiously. I also hate that I've been doing this little ritual for nearly ten years (!). I'm not a big fan of huge weddings, love the city hall thing, and even dancing (let alone kissing) my husband-to-be in front of 400 hundred of my closest friends and a photographer make me blush, but I just can't seem to get enough of these things. For whatever reason, they're deeply, terribly interesting to me

Well imagine my surprise when I ran across this article in the Times about the the intense fact-checking and writing process of these announcements. The bride and groom are not the only sources interviewed; religious officiates are called and university records are confirmed. Interestingly, they also found the top three fields for men to be finance, media and law and for women media, education and current student. And most importantly, the couple involved needs to have something unique or interesting about them - not necessarily blue blood, but something note-worthy

PS - Were I to have said blow-out wedding, this would have to be the dress for it

ses

No comments:

Post a Comment